[Shotimes] slow day

Jim and Debbie Leyden jndleyden@mindspring.com
Wed, 5 May 2004 13:28:22 -0400

Here's an interesting fact for y'all

It takes SIX WEEKS for the gas that is pumped out of the ground today to hit
the pumps here in the good ol' US.  If OPEC decides to raise the price of a
barrel of oil, the price at the pumps raised immediately.  On the flip side,
if OPEC decides to DROP the price of a barrel of crude, it takes SIX WEEKS
before that decrease is reflected at the pumps.

I think it's time to research converting all of our SHO's to Hydrogen power

Jim
(the rant continues )
;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of DAVE
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 1:08 PM
To: Mark Nunnally; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] slow day

Well get this and someone try and and explain it to me. From my last post a
few hours back. If you recall I ran to the parts store (fog light bulb) Gas
was 2.12 at the local Admiral station. back out to the parts store for some
leather cleaner got back 10 minutes ago. Same Admiral station 1.95. And I'm
not buying this bullshit excuse of it's a new gas shipment. When I took my
daughter to school past that station at 7:30AM they were filling up the
tanks.at that time it was 1.97... I need to buy a few gas stations and just
toss up whatever number seems good.

Dave as pissed off as Jim

Mark Nunnally <marknunnally@JoiMail.com> wrote:
> Gas jumped .10 up here in the past day or so. I know of a few stations
that
> have 93 for under $2.00 a gallon still so I'm off to fill up in a
> little while. :-) So much for some people's erroneous belief last year
> of going
> war in Iraq was so we had cheap oil :-)

We moved right in the transistion of prices, had worked out a new budget
based on GA's cheaper gas prices, soon as we hit soil here they jumped up to
what we had been paying in NY for the last 5 yrs :) Still $1.62 is better
than $2/gallon (I think $1.85 is the most I've ever paid in my life)

mark

---