[Shotimes] Re: NASCAR numbnuts

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 21:02:33 EDT

"Real racing can be found on your local track, not in NASCAR.  And it's sad
to say that."

Case in point, this silliness about ending the race under caution.
Talladega, where they ran the last six laps under yellow (in first gear on a 2-mile
superspeedway) because one guy in the back of the pack spun out, didn't touch the
wall, didn't dump any debris or fluid, just kept going around to the pits to
change his flatspotted tires.  Ain't no lame excuse about safety concerns
gonna make any sense out of that.

Back in the 70s in Hawaii when we were running at a 1/4 mile red clay track
in the middle of the sugar cane fields on Saturday night, caution laps never
counted with less than 20 to go.  We ran it like that for every class from
claimers to super sprints -- and we got good finishes every time.  Now the big boys
got all these weird new rules, but yet can't fix the simplest damn thing that
would send everyone home happy.

Mark LaBarre
94 ATX 125k