[Shotimes] Crank Cancer - Cracked woodruff key, fubar timing sprocket

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:59:05 -0500

I have spare sprockets and keys too in case you want to start collecting
them. :-)

Robert Bruce
93 atx
92

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Ian Fisher
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 3:28 PM
To: rcedelman@comcast.net; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Crank Cancer - Cracked woodruff key, fubar
timing sprocket

The timing sprocket is notched to slide over the
woodruff key. If I recall correctly and I am 99.9%
positive on this, the crank is not splined.

I should have a spare timing sprocket. I think someone
(George Fourchy) said that the correct woodruf key was
available from most hardware stores. I have seen them
at SEARS in the nuts and bolts section but I never
needed to match one up to the SHO's key.

So basically it sounds like you only need a sprocket
and a key. I'll try to check the garage today or
tomorrow to see if I have a good spare. I know offhand
that one of my sprockets has a few chips on the teeth.
I am not going to use it on my engine but I'm sure it
would work fine. I know of a few other local people
with spare motors so I'm sure you'll be able to find
one fairly readily.

good luck
Ian