[Shotimes] 1995 MarkVIII Steering Wheel

John Stout sho_man1@yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

And now a word from our sponsor LOL You knew someone was gonna be a wisenhymer

Donald Mallinson <dmall@mwonline.net> wrote:don't know if it will fit, but I have had experience with
leather "paint" and it usually wears off. Had my steering
wheel and shift knob painted and then clearcoated by pro's
that do cars in dealer lots all the time. I started getting
black hands within a couple weeks (black wheel and knob) and
thus found that most "dealer" interior repairs are designed
to last just long enough to get the vehicle sold.

More costly and quality leather dye will last longer and not
wear off the same way, I would recommend you check with
upholstery shops to find out what the better brands are.

Don Mallinson
OR you could buy a "Wheelskin" steering wheel cover from me
through my DC CarCare store! :)

http://www.dccarcare.com

Peter Maggiacomo wrote:
> There's a 1995 Lincoln Mark VII steering wheel on Ebay
> in excellent condition. Two questions.
> 1. Will it fit a 1995 SHO?
> 2. Has anyone had any luck with leather, vinyl,
> "paint"
> in a can from auto stores. This wheel is grey, while
> my interior is taupe? Thanks.

John Stout
90 Titanium (Cone Killer) Back to everyday duty
97 SF (Killed in the Line of Duty) WELDED Headed South

COMING SOON ? (maybe next year)
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.  Orwell