[Shotimes] First look at the new 500

Tom Smith tjsmith@monmouth.com
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:03:40 -0400 (EDT)

I saw one at the dealer this weekend (did not drive) I agree,
it looks big from the outside. The roofline was very tall and
I could not help think Ford built a nice copy of a Passat from
the side with Mercedes looking rear lights. The nose seems pushed
in to fit the tallness of the rest of the car. The one I saw had
a sticker of over $30k and had 18 inch rims. Shame the car will
"only" have 200HP.  I went to look at the 500 at the Ford dealer
after driving 8 different Mercedes at a local beat the cars and
drive event. Drove the SL500 conv. 6 times around the course. Fun
sliding a $90k car around some cones, so I was spoiled when I went
to look at Fords ;)

Tom 91+ 95MB MTX