Toyota/Lexus was RE: [Shotimes] First look at the new 500

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:10:37 -0700 (PDT)

Nope-just felt like correcting you since you got me
the other day. :)

The IS is built on its own platform. I believe that
it's badged as a Toyota Altezza overseas. Hence the
reason why clear tailights have been labeled as
"altezza lights". The IS/Altezza platform was one of
the first OEM's to use clear tailights. I did read
somewhere that Toyota is thinking of extending the
Lexus line overseas based on their US sucess.

I believe that you are correct though; I think the new
ES platform is shared with the new Camry.

AFAIK, the Corolla has it's own platform and I hope it
stays that way. I hate that car.

Ian