[Shotimes] '89 Taurus codes

Modemagic@aol.com Modemagic@aol.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:06:51 EDT

Excellent!  Can someone link me to the website that gives a rundown of  the
how to do it.  I can't find it anywhere, and its been awhile since I've  had to
use it.  (Thats a good thing right?)

I'll run this by you guys to pick your brains a bit.  My '89 LX while
waiting at a stoplight simply died.  After putting it in neutral started it  back up
and put it in drive again and it died again.  Put it in neutral  again,
started it back up and waited for the light to change, then put it in  drive and
turned through the stoplight.  After getting through the  stoplight, it died
again, and hasn't restarted since.  When you start it,  you hear the fuelpump
running, the car will actually start but die  immediately.  You can actually tell
its firing off, like it has spark, just  doesn't stay running or idle after
you let off the starter.  Even if you  try to rev it while starting it, that
has no effect either.

I'm thinking its something fuel related, but want to pull the codes as well
just to make sure I don't have a sensor issue or anything along those  lines.
Any other thoughts??

Dave