[Shotimes] '89 Taurus codes

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:14:58 -0500

www.shotimes.com <http://www.shotimes.com/>

Paul L Fisher

1999 Ford Taurus SHO TR 68K - Kirk'ed 2/29/04.

 - Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30
 - Amsoil TS-124 Oiled Foam air filter

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

  _____

From: Modemagic@aol.com [mailto:Modemagic@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 8:07 AM
To: sho@paul-fisher.com; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] '89 Taurus codes

Excellent!  Can someone link me to the website that gives a rundown of the
how to do it.  I can't find it anywhere, and its been awhile since I've had
to use it.  (Thats a good thing right?)

I'll run this by you guys to pick your brains a bit.  My '89 LX while
waiting at a stoplight simply died.  After putting it in neutral started it
back up and put it in drive again and it died again.  Put it in neutral
again, started it back up and waited for the light to change, then put it in
drive and turned through the stoplight.  After getting through the
stoplight, it died again, and hasn't restarted since.  When you start it,
you hear the fuelpump running, the car will actually start but die
immediately.  You can actually tell its firing off, like it has spark, just
doesn't stay running or idle after you let off the starter.  Even if you try
to rev it while starting it, that has no effect either.

I'm thinking its something fuel related, but want to pull the codes as well
just to make sure I don't have a sensor issue or anything along those lines.
Any other thoughts??

Dave