[Shotimes] Raising steering rack for lowering springs

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:40:22 -0400

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Seeing how the subframe is still
out of my car, along with the rack, this should be easy to do later today as
I put it all back together.

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX
*	93 Emerald Green MTX
*	93 Black ATX - parts
*	95 Silver Frost ATX SE - SLO

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin & Cheryl Airth [mailto:clubairth@peoplepc.com]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 11:17 AM
To: Bruce Malachuk; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Raising steering rack for lowering springs

Bruce:
 The problem is the stud length will limit how many washers you can install.
Most people can get 2, maybe 3 per side. Anymore and you don't have enough
threads left for the nut. At Lowe's I found the hardened washers. 14 mm full
height. This will get you about 3/8". Not enough but an improvement anyway.
Some people have also used 2" fender washers with a 1/2" diameter center.
These are thinner and you can stack more about 6 per/side. Plus with the
thin washers you can raise the rack and fit them in. The thicker washer
require a subframe drop. I prefer to loosen the 2 rear subframe bolts
because you have a bit more room to work!
.
.