[Shotimes] Crash Course In Speedo Cable Lube

Rbade12@aol.com Rbade12@aol.com
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:45:32 EDT

1] Open hood

2] Locate speedo cable where it exits firewall and goes down to the speed
sensor on top of the tranny [white, if clean, cable at the drivers side rear
corner of the engine. Working backward from the speed sensor is a piece of cable
 approx 5" long, then the speedo cable going through the firewall]

3] The speedo cable and the short cable from the speed sensor  are joined
with a connection that "snaps" apart. Hold the short piece  and give the speedo
cable a good, sharp pull and it will uncouple.

4] Hold the speedo cable up as high as it will go and spray, pour, inject a
lube of your choice into the cable. I've used Tri-Flow with success. If
spraying, wrap a piece of cloth or something around the spray tip and the cable  to
get the stuff in there and keep you clean. After lubing spin the cable
innards to work the stuff in. Spray, pour, inject more lube after  spinning, maybe
a couple times more.

5] Snap the cables together, close the hood.

This has worked for me, your results may vary

Bob 93 MTX