[Shotimes] Re: Ford radio with integrated cd player (single unit) in a SHO?

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:03:58 -0400

I swapped the AM/FM/Cassette from my 95 T-bird into my 93 and it worked
fine, even the remote buttons worked.

Robert Bruce
93 atx street
92 track

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Kevin & Cheryl Airth
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 11:07 AM
To: fwhittle@mindspring.com; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Ford radio with integrated cd player (single
unit) in a SHO?

Frank:
 Be aware that any unit that is NOT from a Taurus will not operate from the
remote radio buttons. I have went thru this in much detail. I have a perfect
2000 Mustang AM/FM/Cassette/CD player installed in my wife's 93. All the
plugs match including the remote control plug in. No luck, ONLY the Taurus
units have the capability for the remote control, even though most units
have the correct plug on the back?

 I have a posted solution to the CD player clicking problem. I got it from
someone named Seth? The problem is a gear is just spinning on it's shaft.
 Take the CD player out and remove the top and bottom covers. Then put the
face of the unit towards you, like it is in the car. There is a motor on the
left side of the tray assembly. It has a bunch of little gears around it.
The problem is the gear on the motor shaft comes loose and just spins. A CD
will not load or eject or seat properly and you will just hear clicking.
Sometimes it catches once in a while so you may get the unit to work off and
on until the gear spins 100% of the time. You can super glue the sprocket on
the brass ring or replace the motor. It's Sony part #X-3320-593-1. I don't
know if it's still available or where to get it. Replacing the motor will
require soldering the wires.
.
.
.

> Thanks.  That helps me to know where to look, although I wouldn't want the
one in the ad--it already has the "click of death".  I'll keep my eyes open
for a newer one.  And if anyone is wondering why I want a stock one rather
than an aftermarket unit, I like the look of the stock unit and
compatibility with the redundant buttons, plus the fact that it's not an
invitation for theft.

> Frank Whittle
> '95 ATX
>

> Here's an ebay auction for one of the CD-players by itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38641&item
=7927522051&rd=1