[Shotimes] RE: Alignment specs?

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:36:52 -0500

I believe the key is to make sure all the numbers match and aren't just 'in
tolerance'. In other words, if left camber is -1, make sure the right is as
well. Same with toe. Personally, I ran -1 camber at all 4 wheels all year
and it was good.

Paul L Fisher

1999 Ford Taurus SHO TR 68K - Kirk'ed 2/29/04.

 - Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30
 - Amsoil TS-124 Oiled Foam air filter

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

  _____

From: bruce malachuk [mailto:bmalach1@nycap.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 9:29 AM
To: TechSHO@topica.com; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Alignment specs?

AMDEdge offers tech tips, news & info to keep you on the leading
edge of PC performance with AMD64 technology.  Join AMDEdge free
NOW for members-only content, promos & updates!
http://click.topica.com/caacKfyb1dhxAb7kKSAb/AMDEdge

I'll be taking my car to sears tomorrow for an alignment. Wanted to get the
general consensus of waht specs I should ask them to hit. Car is going in
with all new... inner tie rods, outer tie rods, LCA's with MOOG TPR,
Koni/intrax, adjustable camber plates up front, ingalls front caster
adjusters, rear police mounts, tpr on the tension strut rods,GTP arms, h-box
brace.

I have the negative 1 degree camber plate in the front right now and I was
gon a ask them to make both sides be -1.25 with the -1 plate in there so
that I always have -.25degrees of negative camber on the car, and with the
camber kit I could go as far as -1.5degrees. Should I have them go more? say
set a base of -.50 or -.75 so that I can go as far as -2degrees of camber?
The car will be primairyly street driven during the spring, summer, fall,
but when it comes to road courses I can change the camber pretty quick, just
need to invest in some crowsfeet wrenches.

What should I have them set the car at for overall. I rotate my tires often,
so I'm not tooo worried about scrubbing the inner edge.

I have seen lots of numbers over the past 2 years on alignment, but I wanted
to get some discussion and consensus here before I tell them what they need
to hit :-)

Thanks

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX