[Shotimes] UNSHOC meet a sucess

bobsteig@att.net bobsteig@att.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:38:06 +0000

 I couldn't agree more. A good time had by all, and
all the attendees contributed to it. Cool cars, nice
folks, great weather. Much more fun than painting
apartments. (which is what I blew off to attend)
AND a splendid name for a SHO club.
Also fun to put faces to some of the names I've seen
on the list for the last 3 1/2 years.
If it can be this good with 10 cars, I've gotta find a
wat to get to the 2005 convention this coming year.

Add my thanks to the Smiths for their hospitality.
You had to love little Kyle sitting in his teddy bear
racing seat in front of the tv watching track footage.

I'll do my best to get the pix out tonight.

Best, Bob (BB-NYC '89)

Ian (no 'C' in Fisher) Fisher wrote;
I just came up with that name. The unofficial SHO
club, with no official members, no dues, no official
meetings, no strings attached, nada, anyway

Yesterday's meet at Tom Smith's house was a lot of
fun. I finally got to meet Frank Costa Tom Smith and a
few others. Tom and his wife were gracious hosts and
their son was an excellent source of entertainment. At
19 months, he seemed as enthusiastic about hanging out
with SHO owners and looking at cars as we were. It was
a bit cold outside so we spent most of our time
indoors watching track footage from Blackhawk Farms,
Summit Point, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, Road Atlanta,
etc. The clip of a certain unnamed blue 95 atx spin at
Road Atlanta was exciting. I am making a vow to go to
Lime Rock in the spring. I guess I will install the
coilovers after all. :)

Good food, good people, 15 year old Taurii parked out
front-doesn't get any better than that. Hopefully we
can arrange another similar get together in the spring
or whenever, wherever. As soon as I get some pictures
from Bill Murrary and Bob Steig, I'll post our
collection of shots online and post the link. Much
thanks to the Smiths for their hospitality.

Ian