[Shotimes] Re: Convention 2004 DVD

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:32:20 -0400

The "new" Max was 255 in '02, and the Altima was 240.

This year, the Altima is 250 HP in the base, 260 in the SE-R, and 265 in the
Maxima.

Very nice engine!

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of bjshov8
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 10:08 PM
To: TaurusSHO
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Convention 2004 DVD

I think the 2001 Max. was 222hp.  The 2k2 Max was higher but I don't
remember what.

As for the current Max., I count at least 8 vehicles that use the same basic
engine.  (Maybe more since I don't know about pickups.)  The horsepower
ratings vary from application to application which I have read is due to
different intake and exhaust configurations.  I wonder if there aren't other
tuning variations.  IIRC the base engine is about 240 hp, and goes up to 287
hp in the 350Z.