[Shotimes] Re: Convention 2004 DVD

Ron Fleshman insman1@charter.net
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:39:47 -0400

<<Two suggestions:

1.  Don't lease.

2.  If you must lease do it with minimal down. If you have $6k as a down,
buy a vehicle.>>

Amen, Ron.

I lease a vehicle for business.  It works well.  Every personal lease I've
ever had (2) was a case in lost money.  You can get a cheaper payment, but
at the end of the lease, you have nothing to trade in.  In my business, It's
all a write-off and the dealer knows I'll be back in a couple of years for
another one, so that's not a problem.  The one personal lease I had was a
Contour SVT.  I traded in a 92 SHO and came out with the Contour for two
years for $289 per month (the 92 hydroplaned and was destroyed--I got a
salvage price).  Even so, at the end of the lease, I paid a total of nearly
$7K for the use of the car, and had nothing to show for it.

Buy.

Ron