[Shotimes] How to get 300HP from your 3.0L SHO engine

Don Donelson 1badsho@tnh.net
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:00:46 -0400

having built several motors like this ..I would agree with the numbers and the price .. but u can also shave heads for higher compression ... you can go to over size SI race valves ... and your right .. there are other tricks you can do too .. to make more.

I think 300 HP ... or low 300 HP is the maxium range these Yamaha motors can make .. with ALL The mods( naturally aspirated that is).

And for a track car like my SR 72 ... as much as I would like to get a s/c with say 6 psi .. max .... for durabilty .... I wont .. for I know I wouldnt keep the psi at 6 !

dond with a few mods

Sr 72 2800 pds
3.2 motor
ported and polished heads
.40 cams
SI race valves
BBB
extrude honed intake runners
69 TB
port matched intake
port matched exhaust
adj sprokets
80 Pro flow w/ CAI
off road Y pipe and walker to 1  3" flow master
UDP
phenolic spacers
no/ac

From: cmichaelo@optonline.net