[Shotimes] How to get 300HP from your 3.0L SHO engine

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally" <marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:05:10 -0400

>For $420, I "may" have just bought a nice
> power increase. $420 would probably have bought 500hp
> on a 350 in a Camaro but I've come to terms that
> modifying the SHO isn't cheap.

I got in on the $297 EH group back back in Jan/Feb, and picked up a set of
BBB's used.  I haven't installed them yet, but plan to in the next week or
2.

Lance got more of an improvement by doing a clean port matching job of the
runners/heads vs just slapping on the different intake.  The larger ID and
shorter length (by removing the extensions in the surge tanks) should help
the higher rpm resonance/tune, which should work with the higher lift cams
better than the stocker.

mark