[Shotimes] Fuel pump replacement

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:17:52 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

http://tinyurl.com/4k6rp

I posted some pics of my midterm effort at this job.  There is a good
amount of rust around the fuel pump opening, including the cover itself
and the locking ring.  The photo of the locking ring for the area that
mates with the rubber O-ring has already been ground with a dremmel tool.
I felt that was the least I should do prior to reassembly of that unit.  I
also cleaned the tank in that area trying to keep debris from falling into
the tank.

With some help, I was able to rotate the tank into several positions to
check for leaks and fortunately did not find any using that method.  This
good news.

The thing that concerns me most is all the rust.  I know the car is 12
years old.  Should I be concerned and should I take any other actions
prior to putting this back together.

Oh yeah, I sheared one of the strap bolts and I still have to find a
solution for the sandwich nut since it is stuck on the frame...

The tank itself does not appear to contain any baffles that I can see.

--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo