[Shotimes] bias valve plugs

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:18:16 -0400

Funny I have been under my car for the last 4 days with a sawzall doing up
the rear suspension, dropping the fuel tank (damn SFC's and custom catback
in the way) and I decided to finally take a die grinder to that flap of
metal there and get rid of it. Shaved another 3-4 OZ off my car :-)

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX
*	93 Emerald Green MTX
*	93 Black ATX - parts
*	95 Silver Frost ATX SE - SLO

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 1:45 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] bias valve plugs

Well, as is tradition with this car, I broke something.  I broke the hard
line right before the rubber line on the drivers rear.  Turns out not even
the dealer stocks replacemants.  They must be custom bent.  I couldn't find
a tubing bender that would work with 3/16"
tubing, so I'll take the piece to a brake shop and have them bend one up.

I did get the plugs in though.  I used a pair of bolt cutters to cut the
piece that goes through the spring and connects to the suspension arm, then
slid all that out.  I just forced the flap thing up into the square hole
above it and out of the way.

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

   -'95 White MTX