[Shotimes] Rod shifter/exhaust question

Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:46:33 -0400

The drain plug has not been an issue for some people.  I had
an SS pipe on my previous car.  I had a shop weld it in, and they
may have adjusted clearance for the plug.  I realized I had not
changed the plug before I took it to the shop, and was afraid
I'd never get the plug out again, but didn't have any trouble.
I did put the shorter plug in though, because, well, I DID pay
for it afterall.  ; )

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

   -'95 White MTX
      '96 Brake Upgrade
      Eibachs (front)

"Avoid the clap." - Jimmy Dugan

shotimes-admin@autox.team.net wrote on 10/25/2004 09:37:08 PM:

> After installing the S.S.Y-pipe w/cats (watch for interference with the
> U-clamps supplied by S.S. if you are using them, I plan on welding them
after
> this is over. Also, install the short oil drain plug BEFORE installing
the
> Y-pipe) and the cable shifter in my case), it doesn't sound like the
there is
> a exhaust manifold leak that I was told was there but, due to the holes
in the
> muffler, I can't be 100% sure because it's so loud & raspy . Which leads
me to
> my question:
> When I installed the Y-pipe, I used the "rod shifter" resonator pipe
that I
> bought with the rod shifter. Now, I am checking for the "cat back"
exhaust
> replacements and I see that AZ for instance, is asking the build date.
My 91