[Shotimes] grounds?

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:42:09 -0400

Well I went ahead and put a ground into the body. MY gas gauge works AGAIN
properly!!!!!!! :-) seems that I can finally stop running outta gas in my
car when it's not rainign and I haven't been keeping track of the mileage.

I learned more about how things are routed in a SHO wiring wise than I think
I wanted to know. And I learned one improtant thing.....tracking down wiring
problems is SCARY.

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX
*	93 Emerald Green MTX
*	93 Black ATX - parts
*	95 Silver Frost ATX SE - SLO

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Leigh Smith
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 6:46 PM
To: Bruce Malachuk; shotimes@autox.team.net; TechSHO@topica.com
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] grounds?

Sounds to me like you are right on track. Except that I think you have an
"open" (cut or broken wire) not a short. The rain helps it to complete the
circuit.A wire can break inside the insulation and be especially difficult
to find.
A new ground almost anywhere should be ok. The special resistance is in the
sender unit itself.
Lee