[Shotimes] Rod shifter/exhaust question

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:54:18 -0700 (PDT)

FWIW, my entire system is 2.5" with 2.25" mufflers. It
was stupid but I wanted to use the tips and they were
2.25" only. I haven't noticed and loss of low end
(seat of the pants) but mid and top end seemed to have
increased.

I would recommend painting all of the pipes with a
high temp paint. The shop that did my catback (most of
it is aluminized) painted it high temp black. It has
actually held up very well and I haven't noticed any
serious rust. May be a good idea to paint the inside
of the pipe as well. It'll burn off at the front of
the catback where it gets hot but if you have a normal
SHO, the oil leaks will prevent too much rust anyway.

Ian