[Shotimes] snow tires vs all season

bobsteig@att.net bobsteig@att.net
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:09:22 +0000

Ian,
I use the Conti Extreme Contacts. They cost me $83 ea.
They're great in rain and on dry days they are grippy
enough to still be fun to drive. Ron Porter is correct,
(IMHO) we don't get enough snow around here to
justify a full snow tire, and the wear factor on snows
would make them not cheap (besides the crappy ride).
The Extreme's are an all season tire, so they should last
you many seasons. Even if the Farmer's Almanac is
right about all the snow we're supposed to get this
winter, the Extreme's will get you through the day or
two immediately after the snow-fall that the roads'll be
at their sloppiest.

Or you can be like me and not take your SHO out in
crapola weather except in the most dire of emergencies.

Bob, (BB-NYC '89)