[Shotimes] Pontiac unveils SHO successor?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:57:00 -0600

Like I said, I have had both, and RWD, even with winter
tires still won't take you through snow as well as FWD.  The
right tires make a HUGE difference in compentency in any
vehicle, but especially RWD.  My Mustang with two winter
tires on the back would go real well, but it wouldn't turn.
  With four winter tires, it would have been a lot better.
But my SHO or any FWD with the same two winter tires (this
tim on the front) will go AND turn better than the RWD Stang
(or other RWD cars).  With Four winter tires, a FWD SHO
becomes the equal of snow plows in many ways!

There is a reason there is no such thing as a rear drive
horse drawn vehicle.  :)  The advantage of the "emissions"
being in back beside, LOL, you just can't PUSH something
through muck (snow/mud) as efficiently as you can pull it.

That, flat out, is why FWD outperforms RWD in those situations.

Oh, and you correctly brought up a fun point that with FWD
you can "test" for ice/slick conditions easily without
spinning out.  I have been doing that for years.

Don Mallinson