[Shotimes] Pontiac unveils SHO successor?

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:55:24 -0500

Comes back to FWD working in smaller, lower-powered cars. FWD works great in
my wife's Del Sol, as it did in my Citation many years ago. Doesn't
translate into big cars.

Imagine how much more fun the SHO would have been with RWD!

From: Dave Garber [mailto:dave.garber@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 11:11 AM
To: Ron Porter; shotimes@autox.team.net; 'V8List SHO'
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Pontiac unveils SHO successor?

Most of the cars I've owned over the years were RWD. With good all-season,
or better yet, winter-only tires on the back, my RWD cars were as good or
better in the snow than any FWD car I've owned. If for no other reason than
the ability to counter-steer while manuvering. With FWD, there is no
'counter-steering'. If you loose traction (as in, spinning in the snow), you

also lose the ability to steer the car. With RWD, you can usually work the
throttle and counter-steer your way out of trouble. Hell, my 400hp 79 Z-28,
with winter tires on the back, was a far better snow-car than any of the
SHO's I've owned. FWD cars being better in the snow is an 'urban legend'
IMO.

Dave Garber
Pittsburgh, PA
99 White, 70k