[Shotimes] Re: cables

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:49:54 -0400

I would only do that after replacing both e-brake cables. Sticky cables are
very common, especially in the Great White North.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 3:31 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Re: cables

Well, the passenger rear is staerting to drag all the time now.  But
neither one of them releases fully after releasing the parking brake.
You can watch them with the wheels removed; the lever never springs
back.  I need to check the slider pins too, but after replacing them
with brand new ones, fully greased, they still wouldn't release.  I
don't use it anymore unless I absolutely have to.  I'm starting to suspect
Mark Mallory's theory: bent caliper brackets.  He claimed he had
the same problem, only cured after replacing the brackets with new
ones.  We'll see.

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 White MTX
   '96 Brake Upgrade

"Avoid the clap." - Jimmy Dugan

shotimes-admin@autox.team.net wrote on 09/08/2004 12:55:28 PM:

> If the release problem is only after using the e-brake, that has nothing
> do with the rubber brake lines. If the lines are swelled up, they will
drag
> virtually all the time.....after using the brake pedal and not the
e-brake.

> FWIW, my LR caliper didn't start hanging up until after the rubber lines
> were replaced.......really no connection between the two (I suspect my
LR