[Shotimes] Re: cables

Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:45:52 -0400

I'll mess with it.  The way it all happened was, originally the
drivers side cable was hanging down.  When I went to adjust
it I found the adjuster frozen up.  Couldn't get it free, so I
took it to a shop.  The cables were bad.  Had rubbed on some-
thing and wore through the sheathing, letting water in to start
rust.  They replaced the cables and told me I had a leaking
caliper, and that the parking brake wouldn't release on either
side.  Sure enough, one of my brand new calipers was leaking
around the seal, so I took it back to NAPA for a replacement.
Took it back to the shop so they could adjust everything and
they still didn't release.  Haven't messed with it since.  But I
did notice a tiny bit of brake fluid around the seal on one of
the calipers.  I have a hard time believing two in a row would
leak.  My theory is the calipers got pressurized, but the fluid
never depressurized when the brakes were released because
of either the flex hoses or the bias valve, thus it leaks a tiny
bit.

I'm going to have to do something soon, as it's starting to
squeak now.  I'll probably have to replace pads now, and
hopefully not a rotor too.

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 White MTX