[Shotimes] Speaking of tires..

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Thu, 09 Sep 2004 09:36:40 -0700

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:22:07 -0400, Ron Porter wrote:

>Folks also like the Pilot Sport A/S, but they BETTER be good at $200/tire!!

Actually they aren't quite as good at the adhesion-break point as the RE
730s.....they don't have the lugs out there on the shoulder to grab the road as the
tire starts to roll.  I might have needed another bit of air in them...I was running
50 pounds at Thunderhill.  I had to slow down a mph or two more prior to hard
corners than I would have with 730s.

I don't blame the tire....it's obvious it wasn't designed for all out road racing
duty.  On the highway it's excellent....we'll see about the rain in a month or two.
And they will outlast the car...they'll go on another one afterwards and we'll see
how many miles they go.

Maybe the raters on the Tire Rack website weren't pushing it quite as hard on the
street as we do on a track.

George