[Shotimes] OT: Cadillac CTS

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:14:35 -0700

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:43:32 -0700 (PDT), Ian Fisher wrote:

>I thought that the next course with the Lexus ES300 vs
>the Cadillac CTS was going to be a joke. I've never
>really liked the ES300 (it reminds me of the upscale
>Camry that it is) and I decided yesterday that I
>preferred the styling of the STS over the CTS. The
>ES300 was boring to drive. It plowed through the
>course with the inside front tire lighting up on every
>hard corner.

Are you sure it wasn't an ES330?  Not that it would matter....

My GS300 wasn't that bad at Putnam Park.  I didn't expect much from it, because it
doesn't have any midrange-up power (relative to a SHO), and because of that it would
be left in the dust at Thunderhill.  But with short straights and predictable
corners, like at PP or maybe Blackhawk, it was a contender.  The worst thing was the
tires....they slid all over the place.  If it'd had a set of RE730s, like Lowrider
did at Summit Point in 2002, I think it would have done VERY well....point and
shoot!!

It probably won't go on the track again, but it WILL get some good wheels/tires, and
maybe some Tokikos, down the road.  I'm very pleased with it.

Then, all it'll need is a turbocharger, then I'm ready for Kirby, Mark, and Josh!!

...yeah, RIGHT!!!

;-)

George