[Shotimes] Rear strut pinch bolt jammed - any ideas?

Leigh Smith leighsm@comcast.net
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:29:40 -0400

Hooray!
Both the pinch bolts are out!
No heat either.
I just decided to abuse the reverse button on the air gun. (Duh)
It would turn 1/4-1/2 turn somewhat easy before it got tighter....
So I just kept reversing it where it spun easily, til it stuck, again &
again & again....
And adding penetrating oil.
Gradually it went a little further...and a little more.
After 20 min it came out with no danger of breaking!
10 min later I had the second one out!
I basically wore the threads off the bolt where it was rubbing the shoulder
part of the spindle.
There is no damage to the threads where they are needed on the end of the
bolt, or the threads on the spindle itself.
But the shoulder portion of the spindle is solid rust inside, you's never
know it from the outside.
Lee