[Shotimes] RE: advice for selecting a car for parents

Mark Nunnally marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:31:31 -0400

> Except for the good towing capability with passengers (which all three
> buddies above need), SUVs and minivans are not as roomy as it seems when you
> must have all the seats up.

Had a video shoot down in Orlando several months ago.  Was taking a bunch of
video gear down, had a van reserved but they were all out when I got there,
so they "upgraded" me to a Toyota 4-runner.  Pretty nice ride but the space
for the gear sucked, even with the rear seat folded down.  I honestly think
I could have gotten the stuff in the taurus and it wouldn't have been any
more crowded.  Plus a lot of those SUV's are narrow on the inside, much less
than even the taurus.

The stereo was nice for OEM :)

I think the sport Crown vics are pretty nice looking cars.  Would be fun to
stick a 5speed from a mustang GT (tremec 3550? Or whatever they are used
from 00-04) and a roots blower on one.

mark