[Shotimes] '92 grey leather vs '95 grey leather

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:47:59 -0400

> Yes, the perforated leather.  It just didn't hold up well.

It's not the PERFORATED part that's the problem, it's the LEATHER itself -
as in really, really, really, really low grade leather that Ford used.  It
was no more supple than fine Corinthian VINYL when it was new.

Besdies, I've seen non-perforated Gen2 seats that were in much worse
condition than Gen1 seats.

Mercedes-Benz uses perforated leather, too.  But they start with a much,
much, much higher grade of soft & supple leather (like buttah) than Ford
ever did/will.