[Shotimes] '92 grey leather vs '95 grey leather

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:15:31 -0500

Alan:
 I have been working on this repair. It is not a simple swap. I have a
passenger side seat back in grey leather and have it all apart trying to
figure the best way or the least amount of effort to get this to work! It
looks like removing the passenger side seat cover and installing it on the
drivers side seat back frame is the best way. Now getting the cover off
without damage is a bit of a trick. Mainly because of the plastic fasteners
that hold the side bolsters in place. I have it apart but am not sure I can
reinstall it! Very tough to get at everything. So I have the seat cover off
and ready to go but ran out of guts for the reinstall!
 If you do get it done, please post some helpful hints. I have talked to
several other people who want to do this too!!
 No matter what, you will find the color not a perfect match. Mainly due to
the differing amounts of dirt and wear on the leather surfaces over time.
.
.