[Shotimes] (OT) Accidents Happen - Be Careful Out there!

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:36:06 -0400

The story is down in the thread.

As a reminder, DE (Drivers Education) events are the type that we do at the
SHO Conventions. "Stuff" can happen.

FWIW, that's why tracks like Putnam and Gingerman, with lots of grass and no
walls, are nice.

From: Rick Betterley [mailto:rick_betterley@rennlist.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:59 PM
To: 911/993/996
Subject: [911] RE: Accidents Happen - Be Careful Out there!

It does happen, and it is sad when it does.  My sympathy to his family and
loved ones, as well as to his track friends.
Does anyone know how it happened, which run group, and what type of safety
equipment he was using?
I was just at WGI last week, and will be back late August...

Rick Betterley
Rennlist and PCA Northeast Region member
1984 Carrera Coupe for the track (Guards Red #86)
1986 Carrera Cabriolet for the street (also Guards Red)
2000 F350 Diesel crew cab dualie (tow vehicle)
2003 CargoPro enclosed trailer
1992 M-B 300E 4Matic for commuting
1997 Grand Caravan AWD (family car)