[Shotimes] 93ATX ICRM ok for 95MTX?

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 07:52:13 -0500

I would say no.  Generally the letters have to match.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ron DeReus
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 1:48 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] 93ATX ICRM ok for 95MTX?

Can I use the ICRM/CCRM (top of radiator relay pack) off my 93ATX parts car
on my 95MTX?

Just something to try - the 95 doesn't have a CEL, but seems sluggish, not
as good mpg (20mpg commuting 30 miles round trip daily to work), and hard to
start after sitting hot for 5-10 minutes.  Haven't noticed anything else to
suggest the cam or crank sensor; already tried new plugs and wires.  I seem
to remember something about the ICRM can get too hot and cause hard
starting, but the fuel pump always runs when I first hit the key.  It could
be an injector leaking down I guess; sometimes I have to put the pedal to
the floor to cut the fuel pump and get it to fire.

93 part - F1DF-12B577-AA  with a "J"

95 part - F3DF-12B577-AA with a "D"

>From 2002 - http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?p=274377

"FWIW, I did a little more research for you, and according to the Ford parts
computer, '89 & '90 have one CCRM, and '91-'95 share a different CCRM. The
CCRM for '91-'95 should have the letter "M" on it, and the part number
F1DF-12B577-BA. I still haven't verified that there is a functional
difference between the two, but they do indicate two different part
numbers."

TIA

Ron

93ATX parts car