[Shotimes] RE: oil temperature sender

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:43:20 -0400

I question putting a sensor where the oil would be the hottest. This is not
the actual temp that the rod bearings, cam journals, ect see, the oil makes
the trip thru the oil to water cooler  and filter, both cooling it some (and
in my case with the AMSoil dual remote bypass filter setup even more
cooling) and then on to the engine where it is used. I thonk if there was a
place to tap into a main oil galley that would be the ideal place to measure
oil temps. Seeing how those are the temps that the engine is getting
subjected too.

Though in a perfect world if one was using electical gauges one could mount
senders in both pan and oil galley (after cooling) and have a switch on the
pod to check both if really concerned. I'm sure Paul Nimz could even wire
some relay up to auto switch between the two tems every couple seconds.

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX

*	93 Emerald Green MTX - SOLD

*	93 Black ATX - New Parts CAR

*	95 Silver Frost ATX SE - SLO -Buyer waiting

*	96 TR - Cam Failed parts car :-(

  _____