[Shotimes] Re:telecom gel: crappy SHO electrical connectors (cruise control cut off switch)

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:17:37 -0500

No it is not conductive, hence the term dielectric.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci211945,00.html

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of K Gutzka
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 11:06 AM
To: Archives new list SHO Times
Subject: [Shotimes] Re:telecom gel: crappy SHO electrical connectors (cruise
control cut off switch)

It's not dielectric grease, as dielectric grease is conductive. The stuff
you are referring to I'm pretty sure is known as "Iky Pik" and it's not
conductive and sticks to almost anything. You find it in burial cable. If
you can find it outside of being rapped up in  25 pair burial cable, it
would be good for repelling moisture. Maybe check with Greybar Electric. If
they don't know what "Iky Pik" is, you may want to try asking for cable
filling grease. It is petroleum based and I had to use a product called
HydraSol to clean my hands and tools after working burial cable.