[Shotimes] (OT) Pour-N-Restore

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:26:22 -0400

>From the 911 list. Since the oil tank holds 10-11 qts, most newbies don't
use a big-enough drain tank!

Anyway, here is a recommendation for an oil stain product. Sounds
interesting. I just usually ground kitty litter into the stain, and it comes
out "sorta" OK, but this stuff appears to have promise.

I may have mentioned this before - the last time I changed the oil I
under-estimated the size of the container needed to catch the oil from the
sump - and ended up with a puddle the size of one of my 911s tires laying on

its side.  I was quick with the kitty litter which helped absorb a lot of
the oil, but there was still a significant stain.  I put some "Pour N
Restore" and after a couple of days all that was left was a powdery residue
that I swept up.  The concrete (exposed aggregate) was cleaner than the
uncleaned part.
http://www.pour-n-restore.com/oilstain.htm

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB)