[Shotimes] Re: California Crackdown on Modified Cars

Mark Pawlowski markski@molalla.net
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:09:13 -0700

Not only will you have to remove the tint but the gauges, the non-OEM rims,
the newly recovered seats & remove the Z rated tires. The Y pipe will have to
go, the solid sub-bushings will have to be replaced with nice RUBBER bushings.
You're going to have to remove those springs & struts. I've got an old set off
of my 95 that you can try and replace the Koni's with.

Looks like you'll be driving a nice, shinny, gutted SHO.

What's wrong with the window tint? I've seen cars from California up here with
windows so tinted you can't see into the car other than from the windshield
and then you have trouble. Do all SUV's have to remove their factory tinted
windows or "Privacy Glass"? They are darker than the tint we use here in the
GREAT NorthWest!

Good luck and congrats on Kerry's old ride. Nice SHO!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob
  To: shotimes@autox.team.net
  Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 11:34 PM
  Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Re: California Crackdown on Modified Cars

  The annoying thing is the tickets for sound.  If the State wants to find
the
  ultimate way to be hypocritical, it's to give cars sound tickets where the
  loudest car I've ever heard on the street is considerably quieter than the
  average Harley.  Actually, the loudest car would be *inaudible* if said
  Harley was nearby.

  I just bought Kerry Tuck's red 89 screamer and the tint is not legal, so I
  guess I'm in for a fix-it.

  I suspect this is just the bureaucracy responding to some free Federal
  funding or possibly some State grant.  A perfect example of what the US
  Constitution was carefully designed to prevent.

  -- Bob