[Shotimes] Gene Pool - From the Hillman List (Semi-OT)

Bob bob@hotpursuit.net
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:19:51 -0700

I did the brakes on a neighbor's Audi V8 Quattro.  When the SS pistons hit
the cooling fins, the rotor separated itself from the hat like it had been
cut with a torch.  No accident ocurred though, as he was used to the brakes
not working well at that point!  I replaced everything on the front and pads
and rotors on the back for aroud $600.  That's "cheap" for an Audi V8.
Fortunately a previous owner had ditched the UFO rotors.

	-- Bob