[Shotimes] lifting an engine

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:20:35 -0500

Joseph,

use the lift hook on the front, and the lower bolt on the opposite end
of the intake support bracket.  Be sure to not put too much strain on
the intake.  I bought a used engine and I think before I bought it they
lifted and put too much pressure on the manifold and the runners broke
at the flat mounting point.  Use one of those adjustable chain/screw
things that lets you adjust the front/back weight, but more important it
spreads the chains out to the edges so you don't put as much strain on
the intake.

Don Mallinson