[Shotimes] engine bay aesthetics

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 18:10:42 -0500

I am just beginning to build the 3.2L and MTX for my SHOwagon.  I will soon
be at the stage where I'm bolting 3.0L parts onto the 3.2L long block.  I'm
applying a wire wheel to a lot of these parts (accessory brackets, tensioner
brackets, and so on).  As they become clean, I think about protecting them
from going right back to corrosion.  Some I will paint at home, a few I will
send out for powdercoating or annodizing.  Rather than treat all these parts
haphazardly, I'd like to have a sense of some overall plan or design.  So I
am thinking ahead that I should plan for what I *want* the engine bay to
look like.

The wagon is that rare medium green (which I really like).  I think I will
finish some parts in silver/chrome, and some in green (loom and other bits
are available in neon green).  My wife loves green so this will help in the
critical area of project support.

Compared to my silver SHO, the sheet metal inside the engine bay seems dark.
I'd like to paint it some lighter color.  Would silver be too out there?
Like the rest of the car was a repaint?  Maybe light colors on the engine,
against a dark backdrop, would make the engine jump out more.

Any suggestions?  I know it's all personal taste but I'll listen.

VO
94 SHOwagon "Kermie"