[Shotimes] RE: (OT) California Crackdown on Modified Cars

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:09:52 -0400

So, I guess my 92 may not receive a heart-felt welcome to the left side
state?  Then again, I don't think I could stand to drive all the way across
the country in it.

Robert Bruce
92 w/3.2 and a bolt-on or two
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/810875

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 11:00 PM
To: TechSHO@topica.com
Cc: 'Shotimes'
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] RE: (OT) California Crackdown on Modified Cars

Ron Porter wrote:

>Then again, maybe this ain't all bad!!!!!  ;-)

Ron,

If only they would have cracked down on those people running the tires
12" tall and 15" wide a few years ago!  Did you see the column in C&D by
Bedard I think where he admits that "spinners" are neat, and the new age
equivalent of flipper hubcaps in the 50's?

There are some modded cars that need to be kept off the roads, but from
the article I read, they aren't sticking to the wild ones, but anything
not 100% stock.

I am just glad we don't have inspections in my part of the world yet.
Too many pickups driven by influential farmers that would be eliminated
from just poor maintenance!

Don Mallinson