[Shotimes] first mistake?

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 00:07:12 -0400

JVO,

It's really easy on how to get them right. If you clean the chains up you
notice there are light links. If the chains are really really dirty I
recommend a pot of boiling water with a little POR-15 Marine Clean in it.
That will get all the stains out of the metal. If you look in the helms
guide it will show you how to properly line up the chains the correct number
of links and the corresponding dots. The front head is done so they are
horizontal with the head, the rear are done at a slight angle. One cannot
really screw it up. There are great pictures in a helms/factory guide.

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX
*	93 Emerald Green MTX - SOLD
*	93 Black ATX - New Parts CAR
*	95 Silver Frost ATX SE - SLO -Buyer waiting
*	96 TR - Cam Failed parts car :-(

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of van Oss
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 11:37 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] first mistake?

I am prepping a 3.2L for MTX implant into a Gen2 wagon.  This afternoon I
removed the 3.2 front cams (preparing to install some 3.0 cams).  Rear cams
are still in place.  Two questions:

-- The moment I laid the front 3.2 cams aside on a pad, and looked back to
the engine, I thought:  How am I ever going to properly align the new 3.0
cams and chains.  Any advice?

-- I've read it's best to install 3.0 cams in the 3.2 conversions.  Does
that apply both to intake and exhaust?

VO