[Shotimes] Help with computer code

Adam Parrott Adam Parrott" <parrotta@usa.net
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:01:52 -0500

Don,

Two things I forgot to mention ...  :)

A) there are always two places where you can verify the PCM's catch code
(provided the unit hasn't been stripped of all stickers or identifying
markings) - the J3 edge card connector cover (Gen 1's had a thin white sticker
covering the port while Gen 2's sported a black plastic cover piece) or the
60-pin EEC connector sticking out of the firewall. Either location should have
a sticker with the PCM's original catch code printed on it in big, bold,
mono-spaced lettering.  If your PCM does not have either of these identifying
stickers, then proceed to point B).

B) Have your tuner guy perform a binary dump of the factory EEC to determine
what type of strategy you are dealing with (this step is also popularly known
as "reading the EEC").  If, when you suggest this to him, he does not know how
to perform this simple step and/or he does not know what the heck you are
talking about, I would suggest that you start looking for someone else to do
your tuning.  ;)

Adam

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Donald Mallinson
  To: SHO Tech ; SHOtimes
  Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 10:23 PM
  Subject: [Shotimes] Help with computer code

  A guy that wants to help me tune my '89 needs to know what the "M/T
  catch code" is for the '89 SHO.

  I have a Ford Reman computer in my '89 that was installed about 1993.
  There are no codes on it that I can find.

  The computer sticker on the back door frame isn't of any help.  Never
  heard of a "M/T catch code" but maybe some of you have.  If so, do you
  know what it is, or where I could find it?

  Thanks!

  Don Mallinson