[Shotimes] (OT) Gmail receipt Issues

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:19:36 -0400

FYI on Gmail.

Over the last few days, I have noticed that I have not been receiving email
from some folks who have sent me personal stuff, as well as some list posts
across the lists. SHOtimes and Tech SHO seem to be good, but V8 SHO seems to
lose some (as does the 911 lists but that's not too relevant here!!).

The common element is that these folks messages are from their Gmail
accounts.

My ISP is through SBC/Yahoo for our DSL (who bought, and lets us keep the
old prodigy.net IDs, FWIW). I had the SBC/Yahoo Spam filters set up pretty
well across my IDs over the last year or so, but it seems that recently
"something" has changed somewhere along the line, and I'm not sure if
something changed at SBC, or in Gmail. Had a brief email exchange with Bob
Gervais, who also had a case where his gmail messages were getting caught in
another ISP Spam filter, so I suspect that Gmail is the culprit.

Might just want to check your Spam filters and folders.

Ron Porter