[Shotimes] A/C Help?

Mark Mucher mmucher@bellsouth.net
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:22:00 -0400

Lee,

Thanks - I'm guessing that the clutch is not engaging at all.

If that's the case, it well could be due to either the Freon being super low
or gone, and/or an electrical thing like a fuse, burned wire, or low
pressure switch on the accumulator.

Am I correct?  Any other options?

Thanks,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Leigh Smith [mailto:leighsm@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 10:12 PM
To: Mark Mucher; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] A/C Help?

Just guessing, since it died quickly, if it's all original, you blew a seal
somewhere and lost the freon.
2 quick checks:
Does the clutch ever engage at all and spin?
If no, bet you the freon is all gone.
If yes, check the 2 lines near the batt/rad. one should be warm and the
other cold. If not, some freon, but low.
Lee