[Shotimes] Wheel bearing question

Leigh Smith leighsm@comcast.net
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:50:49 -0400

Anyone have any experience with wheel bearings?
Think my wheel bearing is bad?
It wasn't loose before I pulled the half-shaft but it now appears to have some
play.
Has maybe 1/16 - 1/8 in play. With half-shaft out.
Now I don't remember it having any play before I pulled the half-shaft, and I
just finished checking it for looseness, did all tie-rod ends, alignment,
etc.
Helms says the half-shaft nut tightens things up, "prevents axial movement"
Helms says test it with half-shaft in.
What do you think, any opinions, experience with this??
Lee
PS:
If it's bad, it's easier to change now before I get it all back together.