[Shotimes] 5th Annual Lapeer Fall Meet

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:00:26 -0400

Well, we are doing it again this Fall! The date is Saturday October 29th at
Lapeer Dragway:

http://www.lapeerdragway.com

Saturdays are Test-N-Tune, and for $25 you can get a LOT of runs in. Please
note that a helmet is required for all cars running. Any helmet will do, and
they also rent helmets at the track for $5.

It will be our "usual" routine of a gathering at Big Buck (in Auburn Hills)
on Friday night, the track on Saturday, then dinner on Saturday
after the track. We will plan on dinner at the Wooden Eagle on Lapeer in
Lake Orion (where we had dinner at the May Lapeer outing).

If anyone needs hotel info, email me, but there are a lot of hotels near Big
Buck in Auburn Hills on Opdyke, like Motel 6, Holiday Inn Express, Marriott
Courtyard (walking distance to Big Buck).

We are also looking at having a Gingerman track event a day or two prior to
the Lapeer day. If we don't end up renting Gingerman for a full day, we will
look at a Gingerman Test-N-Tune outing sometime in the October 25-28th
timeframe. See the Gingerman site for details:
http://www.gingermanraceway.com/

I will also post this to the various SHO lists, but any car is welcome (hey
I now drive a Subaru station wagon!!).

Ron