[Shotimes] Fuel Pump?

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:26:48 -0500

I changed my pump due to issues when the tank was low.  I checked the pressure
and it seemed alright as it was within the 30-40 range.  But I had a complete
new module that I got for the cheap off fleabay so why not.

When I hot wired the inertia switch to pump out the remaining fuel a lot of
air was being pumped out too.  This was the problem that convinced me to
change it.  Low fuel level and the car would die from fuel starvation at a
stop.  Also at the track when coming out of the turns and under a 1/4 tank.

Anyway I changed the pump out a couple of weeks ago and yesterday the same
thing.  With ~1/8 tank the car died at a stop sign.  Went and filled it up and
no problem.  Got me to thinking that I did lower the front and raise the rear
suspension.  This has my fuel tank pitched towards the front and this is the
reason the fuel is not being picked up with a low tank level....

Paul